Monday, October 24, 2016

SWOT Analysis

After reading Lisa Quast's article "How to Conduct a Personal SWOT Analysis", I attempted to conduct a SWOT analysis on myself with the characteristics I hold that could both benefit and hinder me in the workplace.

S- (strengths): ability to work well with others, good organizational skills, good management skills, committed, honest, open to others ideas and input, able to take negative news positively, positive attitude

W- (weaknesses): easily distracted by unimportant things, can sometimes be extremely shy when first meeting someone, can be uncomfortable speaking in front of a big group of people, can sometimes get extremely competitve

O- (opportunities): graduate college with a decently high GPA with a major in communications and minor in business, go to grad school right after college to add a masters degree to my resume, play four years of a college sport to show that I can manage different jobs, be involved in other activity groups on campus

T- (threats): others who do not have the weaknesses that I have, others who have more years of school under their belt, other people who double majored in different subjects, others who have a more established resume

I believe the SWOT analysis can definitely help a person to establish their personal strengths and weaknesses and it will also help them in applying for jobs in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment