Monday, September 12, 2016

Hootsuite experience/ Lanham interview

In class on Thursday we created a Hootsuite account, which is a website that organizes different social media accounts. I created mine to have my Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram all on one page, and update me when the people I follow post something. I don't know if I like Hootsuite for my personal accounts, but I could see where for business accounts or if I used my accounts for research, it could be very helpful. The website makes it so that you don't really need to log onto all of those seperate accounts anymore, because you can see everything thats going on through the one page on Hootsuite.

There are new websites being created everyday that makes information easier to access and that is one of the topics covered in the Lanham interview. For example, on of the interview questions asked with all of the easily accessed information on the web, what is the scarce information and Lanham replied with "the scare resource is the human attention needed to make sense of the information." There is unlimited information out there for us to find, that the only thing stopping us from learning all of it is ourselves. Lanham also answered another question with a question stating, "how do we explain the explosion of free information provided by the internet?" which shows the rapid growth of information that has become available over the years.

Here's a picture of the Hootsuite profile I created:

No comments:

Post a Comment