Monday, September 12, 2016

Playing with VR

Playing around with the VR box glasses was so fun!! The day we got them, the first thing I did was show them to my roommates and let them try some. I started out doing the Cedar Point Roller Coaster Ride one, and then also tried some of the streams on the Within app. The streams on the Within app look so realistic and no matter which way you turn your head, there is always something showing on the screen. I tried Valen's Reef and The Click Effect first on the app, because I liked the underwater theme, it was like I was actually under water with the animals. Then my roommates and I tried the Sisters app, because we all love scary movies and it was like you were really in the woods once you put the headphones in and everything. All of our favorites was the Catatonic on the Within app, which was a wheelchair ride through an insane asylum, where at the end there are a bunch of scary characters popping up onto the screen in a circle. That one really grabbed my roommates attention and scared them the most. The only other app I got a chance to try was the Discovery VR app, which was amazing. With just that one app, I got to go inside Stephen Curry's daughters playhouse on an episode of Playhouse Makers, I got to swim with sharks on an episode of Shark Week, and I also got to be an inmate on an episode of one of the favorite shows "I Almost Got Away With It". The quality of the videos was the best on the Discovery app too. The VR glasses were so much fun and interesting at the same time. I can't wait for other TV channels to come out with a VR app, so I can watch other streams for those shows too. Here are some pictures and videos of my friends trying the glasses!


No comments:

Post a Comment