Monday, August 29, 2016

"Wilderness Downtown" HTML5 Experience

I watched/created the "Wilderness Downtown" experience about four times because I thought it was so cool! After doing my address of the house I grew up in, I had to show some of my roommates and do their addresses too. Getting to see pictures and video's of my old house brought back nostalgic feelings and made me think of so many good memories of my childhood that I had in that house. After I did my address, I showed by boyfriend his house back in Sao Paulo, Brazil and it still showed pictures and videos of his house. Knowing that technology can bring up pictures of literally anywhere in the world is amazing. Another small detail I noticed during the video was the running man on the view of my neighborhood/ house. As the man was running by my house it showed his shadow, which is combining the video and music with the Google Maps aerial view of my neighborhood. Then at the end, where you could write a letter to the old you, who lived in the house at that time, brought back even more memories. The font used to write was also very neat and then watching the birds from the video fly onto the words I typed was fascinating. The song was a perfect choice for the video showing that with all of the technology we have today everything changes fast. Many people can be creeped out by the fact that anyone can see what one's house looks like and other things around it, and it could be considered an invasion of privacy, I still find it awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment